TurningTekky! TurningTechnologies Conference
I attended the TurningTechnology Users Conference held in Manchester on 22 September 2014. My first time at this kind of events.
I have been tweeting a lot (as usual):
- This is the full Storify account of the conference.
- This is a Storify account of my tweets only.
These resources were made available from TurningTechnologies:
- Videos to short-presentations and testimonials
- Slides to presentations:
- Introducing Classroom Interactivity – two years on
- Flipping Roles: Student Sourcing of Both Questions and Answers
(This is our own UEA Simon Lancaster in action: excellent talk!)
- From Commonwealth Games to the Common Goal of Improving Student Feedback
I enjoyed the event overall and I would definitely recommend it. However, I think this conference would be even more beneficial to new comers (rather than “users”) to the world of Student Response Systems.
The keynote by Eric Mazur was excellent. (I would have not expected any less!).
He also suggested to link to resources on Peer Instruction techniques: the peer instruction network.
TurningTechnologies have other interesting online resources for Student Response Systems users, available from the following links:
Finally, of course there is my own resource and contact page, linked to the HEA Project that I am developing on fostering Academic Self-Efficacy with the aid of Student Response Systems.